Pet Rx: Poison

Many household items can be dangerous to dogs and cats–everything from antifreeze, insecticides, and aspirin to raisins and sugar-free gum. What to do?

Rule number one: don’t panic. Number two: read the product label; it may indicate what steps to take in the event of accidental ingestion. Number three: call your vet or the nearest animal hospital. Be prepared to describe the toxic material (generic or brand name) and ask about antidotes you can administer immediately. They can probably help you even before you get to the vet.

Pin It on Pinterest