Homemade beef burger with chili tomato salsa verde, caramelised onion and pepper, pickled chili, bacon and spicy BBQ sauce
180 grams beef patties
100 grams burger buns
40 grams green chili pepper
30 grams red chili pepper
30 grams yellow chili pepper
20 grams local green bell pepper
15 grams cherry tomatoes
10 grams onion
10 grams garlic
5 grams cilantro
5 grams parsley
5 grams salt
5 grams pepper
20 grams mayonnaise
20 grams orange cheddar cheese
40 grams cheddar cheese
15 grams bacon
10 grams fille iceberg lettuce
70 grams potato wedge
For beef patties
• Sauté chopped onion in olive oil then transfer to a mixing bowl.
• Grill green, red and yellow chili. Peel and dice.
• Add the ground beef and chilies to the bowl and mix together.
• With wet hands divide into two pieces of 90 grams each.
For chili tomato salsa verde
• Cook green pepper in boiling water for 5 minutes and chop.
• Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
• Combine the chopped onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley with green pepper and cherry tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
• Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and mix together.
For caramelised onion and pepper
• Grill green, red and yellow chili. Peel and julienne.
• Heat oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add the onions and grilled pepper with a good pinch of salt and cook very slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
• When onions are softened and tinged golden, add sugar and honey – this will start the caramelisation process.
For spicy BBQ sauce
• Grill green, red and yellow chili then peel.
• Mix grilled chilies with BBQ sauce in a mixing bowl.
• Add the mayonnaise to the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and mix together.
To make the burger
• Cook the beef patties over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness. Top with cheddar cheese and cooked bacon. Gratin to melt cheese.
• Cut the burger buns in half. Apply butter and place in lettuce and chili tomato salsa verde. Add the beef patty. Top with caramelised onion and pepper and pickled chili.
• Serve with potato wedges, chili stuffed with cheese and spicy BBQ sauce.
This menu is available at Drift Lobby Lounge & Bar on level 16 of Hilton Pattaya from 11 am to 11 pm throughout May only.
Hilton Pattaya is located at 333/101 Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung, Pattaya Chonburi.
Tel: 038 253 000