Burning cabinet lures resident fire fighters

A four storey building in Soi Bongkot was a source of attraction as residents and passersby fought a blaze in a piece of furniture.  When the fire truck arrived on the scene, they had little more to do but to squirt the remnants of the conflagration.
Estimated damage was 100,000 baht.  The owner of a dry cleaning and laundry shop at the ground floor said she was working diligently when she smelled something burning.  She then rushed into her bedroom and found a cabinet, used for incense candles, already on fire.
Police said that the owner denied all responsibility, saying she never lit the candles in the first place.  So another theory, that there was an electrical malfunction, is currently under review.  In such cases, the insurance cover can depend on what exactly caused the fire.

Pin It on Pinterest