Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) invites both Thai and foreign tourists to have new experience that will make the tourists be amazed by the beautiful and unique Thai traditions that should be preserved. The activities and traditions are classified into four groups; food and music festival, cultural and art festival, creative event and festival, recreation and sport event. The tourists attending the activities and traditions will experience all dimensions of Thailand and it is expected that all tourists who come to Thailand will be impressed and want to come back again every year.
Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), says, “TAT focuses on creating the value of Thai activities, traditions and cultures to the tourism in Thailand. Therefore, the project has been made to elevate the level of activities and traditions to world-class destination with the expectation to increase the number of tourists coming to attend the activities and events of Thai cultures and traditions as well as generating the positive communication on Thai unique activities and traditions leading to the creation of valuable experiences for tourists. This can also generate the circulation of economic revenue of Thailand. Thus, the project of Thailand Festival Experience 2017 has been created to promote and publicize the arrangement of events of traditions in different regions of Thailand.”
The interesting activities are as follows:
- Su-ngai Kolok Chao Mae To Mo Celebration 2017 will be held from 12th – 21st April, 2017, at the Chao Mae To Mo Shrine, Su-ngai Kolok District, Narathiwat Province
- Wan Lai Pattaya, Na Kleau and Na Kleau Rice Piling Festival will be held from 18th – 20th April, 2017, at Pho Na Kleau Yard, Chaimongkhon Temple, Chonburi Province
- Phra Pradaeng Songkran Festival will be held from 21st – 23rd April, 2017, in front of Phra Pradaeng District Office, Bangkok
- Memories HuaHin Station of Love will be held on 29th April, 2017, at Hua Hin Train Station, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province
- Samui Big Bike Week will be held from 5th – 6th May, 2017, at Central Festival Samui Shopping Center, Surat Thani Province
- Top of The Gulf Regatta 2017will be held from 4th – 8th May, 2017, at Ocean Marina Yacht Club, Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Chonburi Province
- Hat Yai International Balloon Festivalwill be held from 5th – 7th May, 2017, at Jiranakorn Stadium, Hat Yai District, Songkhla Province
- Mud Festival will be held from 5th – 7th May, 2017, at multi-purpose park in front of Bang Tabun Sub-district Municipality, Phetchaburi Province
- Elephant Ordination Festival will be held from 8th– 9th May, 2017, at Elephant Study Center, Ban Ta Klang, Tha Tum Sub-district, Surin Province
- Visakha Puja Festival will be held on 10th May, 2017, at Phuttamonthon, Phuttamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom Province
- Atthami Puja Festival will be held from 17th – 18th May, 2017, at Wat Mai Sukhontharam, Nakhon Chai SiDistrict, Nakhon Pathom Province
- Sakon Nakhon Visakha Puja Festival 2017 will be held from 10th – 14th May, 2017, at Wat Pa Sutthawasand Wat Phrathatcherngchum Worawihan, Sakon Nakhon Province
- River Kwai Trophy 2017will be held on 27th May, 2017, at Felix River Kwai Resort, Kanchanaburi Province
- Yasothon Fire Rocket Festival 2017 will be held from 13th – 14th May, 2017, at Phaya Thaen Public Park and Muang Yasothon Municipality, Yasothon Province
- Samui Regatta 2017 will be held from 20th – 27th May, 2017, at Chaweng Beach, Mueang District, Surat Thani Province and Bo Phut Sub-district, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani Province
- Amazing Thailand Grand Sale will be held from15th June –15th August, 2017, at participating department stores, hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions across the country.
- The Sixth Month Merit Making Festival (Fire Rocket) and Phi Khon Nam Folk Play, Ban Na Sao 2017will be held from10th – 12th June, 2017 at Ban Na Sao, Na Sao Sub-district, Chiang Khan District, Loei Province
- Phuket Baba Wedding will be held from17th – 18th June, 2017, at Thalang Road, Old Phuket Town, Phuket Province
- Laguna Phuket International Marathon will be held from3rd – 4th June, 2017, at Bang Thao Beach, Laguna, Phuket Province
- Candle ProcessionFestival and Food Offering on the Elephant Back, Surin Province, will be held from7th – 8th July, 2017, in front of the City Hall and the monument of Phraya Surinphakdee, Surin Province
- Candle Procession Festival, Ubon Ratchathani Province, will be held from 8th – 9th July, 2017, at Upparat Road (in front of Wat Si Ubonrattanaram) Road around Thung Si Mueang, Ubon Ratchathani Province
- National Mother’s Day will be held on 12th August, 2017, at the Sanam Luang Plaza, Bangkok, and nationwide
- International Mountain Bike Race at Bhumibol Dam will be held from 26th – 27th August, 2017
- Tradition of long boat racing to win the King’s cup in Phichit Province 2017 will be held from 2nd – 3rd September, 2017, at Nan River, Wat Tha Luang the Royal Monastery, Mueang District, Phichit Province
- Songkran and Honey Offering Festival will be held on 20th September, 2017, at Bang Numpheung Nok Temple, 20th September, 2017, at Wat Bang Num Phueng Nok, Phra Pradaeng District, Samut Prakan Province
- Nakhon 10th month Merit-Making Festival will be held from16th – 25th September, 2017, at Suan Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park (84) Thung Thalat, City Hall of Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province
- Illuminated Boat and Nakhon Phanom Red Cross Fair 2017 will be held from 28th September – 6th October, 2017 by the Mekong River at Sunthon Wichit Road and Nakhon Phanom City Hall.
Anyone interested in traveling and attending the events can check the information and news at call center 1672 and www.tourismthailand.org/thaifest.