An elderly couple were shot dead by suspected insurgents as they were riding a motorcycle to their home from a market in Mae Lan district of Thailand’s southern border province of Pattani this evening (Friday).
A two and a half year old toddler, on the same motorbike, was also injured.
The dead couple were identified as 60-year old Anukul Khunkaew and his 55-year old wife, Mrs. Yupin.
Pol Col Sonthaya Toopthong, the superintendent of Mae Lan police, said the unprovoked attack took place on a road between Tambon Kuan Noree and Tambon Pa Rai at about 6pm.
He said the couple and the toddler were riding home when another motorcycle approached them from behind. The pillion rider opened fire with a handgun at point-blank range.
The victims fell onto the road as their motorcycle lost control. All were rushed to the district hospital, where Anukul and Mrs. Yipin were pronounced dead. The child was injured in the fall.
- Pattaya is claiming to be ‘bursting at the seems’
- ‘Run Against Dictatorship’ Forced to Cancel Another Presser
- “Walking Street @Silom” New destination in Town.
- Trump’s campaigning on the roaring economy. Here’s how Democrats plan to stop him.
- Thanathorn Accused of Insulting Monarchy for Skywalk Rally