Bangkok Battered: Many parts of Bangkok were hit by heavy downpours on Monday, causing flooded roads and traffic snarls.
The rain started at about 10.30am and continued past midday in Phra Khanong, Bang Na, Klong Toey, Suan Luang, Vadhana, Huay Kwang, Din Daeng, Phrayathai, Dusit, Chatuchak, Wang Thong Lang Bang Sue, Bang Phlad, Bangkok Noi, Thawee Watana, Taling Chan and Bang Kae.
By 11.30, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration reported that Klong Toey has taken on 36.5mm of rain.
It said officials were draining floodwater on Pracha Rat 2 Road at the Tao Poon intersection, on Phaholyothin Road in front of a BTS station, and on Soi Ekkamai.
- Pattaya is claiming to be ‘bursting at the seems’
- ‘Run Against Dictatorship’ Forced to Cancel Another Presser
- “Walking Street @Silom” New destination in Town.
- Trump’s campaigning on the roaring economy. Here’s how Democrats plan to stop him.
- Thanathorn Accused of Insulting Monarchy for Skywalk Rally