This week, while refuelling in Pattaya, an unidentified man received a severe electric shock at a petrol vending machine, in which the man suffered serious injuries.
The emergency services were informed in the evening of the incident that took place at a petrol vending machine in Soi Kor Pai.
The emergency services arrived on the scene with a local reporter” in their wake to find an injured Thai man about 30 years old. Local residents had already moved the man to a shop nearby because it was raining during the incident. Emergency services first performed CPR on him before taking him to a local hospital.
The area around the petrol vending machine (DR99) was closed off by the police after the incident to prevent another accident due to an electrical leak. Tirayada Buaprachum, 31, who was sitting near the petrol machine and told the reporter that he had seen the accident: “The man got off his motorcycle before filling up with petrol, he suddenly fell to the ground and screamed in pain. . I think it was an electric shock as some water had spilt on the floor and it was raining during the incident. I immediately called emergency services. We managed to carefully move the man to a nearby store, despite a possible risk to ourselves.”
Banglamung Police are continuing their investigation into the incident and are reviewing CCTV footage nearby.
Catch up on more stories here
Follow us on Facebook here