Although there was no formal announcement, the deadline for applying for the 60-day “Covid” visa extension program appears to have been pushed back to March 25.
The deadline was previously set for yesterday, but last night a signed document from Thai immigration authorities was leaked stating that foreigners can now apply for an additional two-month visa extension.
The visa extension program is aimed at foreigners who are unable to leave Thailand due to canceled flights and travel restrictions related to the ongoing pandemic. The program has been extended several times and an announcement has usually been made at the last minute, sometimes even after the deadline or via a document leaked on social media.
Checklist for the 60 days Covid-19 visa extension:
- TM.7 Application for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
- TM.30 Notification of stay signed by the landlord or hotel manager.
- Passport photo 4 x 6 centimeters
- Copy of passport identification page and all pages related to the current visa.
- A letter from the embassy of the home country in Thailand.
- 1,900 baht visa extension fee.
At the Bangkok Immigration Service, people who have recently traveled or visited areas where there is a high risk of transmission of Covid-19 must undergo a rapid on-site antigen test before entering.