22.3 C
Pattaya
Sunday, December 5, 2021

Electrician fatally electrocuted in Chonburi

spot_img

Must read

Electrician fatally electrocuted in Chonburi

A Thai electrician was electrocuted yesterday while installing cables for a customer in Chonburi.

Emergency workers arrived on the scene and found the body of 47-year-old Montri Somboon was still connected to a utility pole close to the house. It took rescuers about an hour to remove the dead man’s body from the post.

According to Thai media, a burn was found on Montri’s abdomen. The electrician was not wearing any safety equipment such as a helmet and gloves. He also had no shoes on. An eyewitness to the incident, Phonchai Witayapraparat, 45, said he was relaxing in his home when he heard a man cry for help. “I ran outside and saw that the man was shocked. I removed a wire from the transformer to cut the electrical current before calling for help,” Phonchai says.

The electrician’s employer, 52-year-old Naruesirn Dokmaiklee, says he warned Montri several times about wearing proper safety equipment. He adds that Montri often tried to do work beyond his means.

Naruesirn speculates that this led to Montri’s death.

Catch up on more stories here

Follow us on Facebook here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article

- Advertisement -spot_img