Chonburi Governor Phakthorn Thianchai announced a series of new measures to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
The measures are in addition to those implemented by the Thai government on Sunday evening.
The order states that mask wearing when outside is now mandatory. Those not wearing a mask face fines of up to 20,000 baht.
People are urged not to travel unless absolutely necessary.
The order also classifies districts in the province in to the following zones:
Highly controlled (red) zone:
Banglamung and Sriracha
Controlled (orange) zone:
Mueang Chonburi and Sattahip
High monitored (yellow) zone:
Monitored (green) zone:
Phan Tong, Ban Phanat Nikhom, Bo Thong, Nong Yai, Koh Chan and Koh Si Chang
Venues ordered closed
- Entertainment – all bars, pubs, gogos, gentlemen clubs nightclubs and similar
- Cock and fish fighting venues, boxing venues
- All educational institutions, no exceptions
- Indoor play centres
- Public swimming pools, including hotel pools – check with your condo/development, although your communal pool will likely be closed
- Nursery/day care centres
- Cinemas and theatres
- Snooker halls, bowling, skate parks, rollerblading venues and similar
- Massage shops, beauty clinics, spas, soapy massage
- Indoor fitness centres
- Internet cafes/gaming shops/arcades or similar
- Banquet halls/meeting rooms/conference facilities
- Convenience stores to close from 10pm to 5am
Venues permitted to remain open under strict measures
- Restaurants, street food vendors with seating can serve dine in customers between 6am to 9pm, takeaway only thereafter. Alcohol can be purchased for takeaway only
- Department stores, malls and supermarkets can remain open
- Public parks, beaches, outdoor exercise areas can remain open
- Wholesale outlets
- Beauty salons/hairdressers/barber shops can open providing the appointment takes not longer than 2 hours.
- Golf courses can open, expect for clubhouse, shower rooms
- Pet grooming venues
Anyone who fails to comply with measures faces fines of up to 100,000 baht. – Chonburi PR
Follow us on Facebook here
Follow us on Twitter here