Family seeks aid after house destroyed in coastal erosion
A 60-year-old local man and his four family members urged related state agencies to provide them aid, after their 10-year-old home in Trat province collapsed following coastal erosion on Sunday morning.
The senior resident, Ching Amnuaypong, recalled that he and four family members were sleeping at their beachside wooden house in Khlong Yai district when strong winds and waves hit the area at around 5.30am.
They had barely got out of bed when the whole house shook violently and collapsed into the rushing sea waters. He said they fled with only clothes on their back and called for help from Ban Jek Lak village headman Sao Phromrod, adding the estimated damage exceeded Bt100,000.
He said damaged furniture and electrical appliances alone were worth more than Bt50,000.
- Pattaya is claiming to be ‘bursting at the seems’
- ‘Run Against Dictatorship’ Forced to Cancel Another Presser
- “Walking Street @Silom” New destination in Town.
- Trump’s campaigning on the roaring economy. Here’s how Democrats plan to stop him.
- Thanathorn Accused of Insulting Monarchy for Skywalk Rally