A German motorbike rider has died at the scene after colliding with a pickup truck travelling down Patong Hill in Phuket.
The Kathu police were notified of the accident on Monday night on Phra Baramee Road on the Kathu side of the notoriously dangerous Patong Hill road.
Police and emergency responders arrived to find the damaged motorbike and the body of 58-year old Michael Erwin, a German national.
His body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital and consular officials were notified.
Rthit Ketsamut, 25, the pickup driver, was waiting for police at the scene. An alcohol breath test was conducted and registered zero.
Witnesses told police that the motorcyclist had tried to overtake another vehicle but instead collided with the pickup which was driving in the opposite lane.
Police have checked CCTV and are continuing their investigation.
- Pattaya is claiming to be ‘bursting at the seems’
- ‘Run Against Dictatorship’ Forced to Cancel Another Presser
- “Walking Street @Silom” New destination in Town.
- Trump’s campaigning on the roaring economy. Here’s how Democrats plan to stop him.
- Thanathorn Accused of Insulting Monarchy for Skywalk Rally