Head-on crash kills five football fans in Khon Kaen
Five fans of Thai Port Football Club were killed and three others injured when their rented van crashed head-on with a water tanker in Khon Kaen’s Chumphae district on Wednesday morning.
Police said the accident happened on the Chumphae Si Chomphu road in Moo 6 village in Tambon Wang Hin Lad.
Four men died at the scene and another died after being taken to Chumphae Hospital.
The truck driver, Sayan Suwanchairob 41, said he was delivering water to a sugar factory in Chaiyaphum when he saw a van heading towards him in the wrong lane as it attempted to overtake a vehicle. The van then smashed head-on into his truck.
Narongrit Wongmao, 37, who was severely injured, told police that the group of Thai Port fans had rented the van to travel to a match in Nong Bua Lamphu.
The two other injured occupants were identified as Samarn Saengsud, 43, and Manas Chaonajae, 46.
- Pattaya is claiming to be ‘bursting at the seems’
- ‘Run Against Dictatorship’ Forced to Cancel Another Presser
- “Walking Street @Silom” New destination in Town.
- Trump’s campaigning on the roaring economy. Here’s how Democrats plan to stop him.
- Thanathorn Accused of Insulting Monarchy for Skywalk Rally