One worker killed: Workers installing a streetlamp pole in Prachin Buri accidentally hit a high-voltage power cable on Wednesday evening, killing one of them and injuring two others.

 

Police said the accident happened at 4.30pm in front of Wat Ban Song in Moo 1 village, Tambon Ya Naree, Kabin Buri district.

The electrocuted worker was identified as Kamthorn Asaijud but only one of the injured was identified -Suthon Yadklang, 38.

A witness, Laddawan Sutthirung, 51 said the workers were hired by a motorist to instal a new lamp pole after the motorist hit and damaged it last week.