Eight hospitals in Thailand have been temporarily closed because their medical staff were infected with Covid-19 or had to be quarantined.
A number of patients had hidden their infections and infected staff.
The hospitals are said to be:
• Mae Sai Hospital in Chiang Rai Province closed until May 16. 88 medics quarantined.
• Chumsaeng Hospital in Nakhon Sawan Province, closed until May 7. 1 employee infected.
• Ruam Paet Chai Nat Hospital 1 in Chai Nat province, closed until May 12th. 1 employee infected.
• Nong Muang Hospital in Lopburi Province closed until May 14th. 1 employee infected.
• Samphran Hospital in Nakhon Pathom Province, surgical department closed until May 10th. 40 doctors in quarantine.
• Bor Phud Hospital on Samui Island will be closed until May 14th. 7 medics quarantined.
• Pipoon Hospital in Nakhon Si Thammarat Hospital, closed until Monday. 2 employees infected.
• Ratsada Hospital in Trang Province closed until May 31. 34 employees infected.