global warming

  • 7 Kilograms of trash found inside deer

    A wild deer was found dead in the Kun Sathan National Park, Nan Province. Officials at the park were notified of the deer found near the National Park’s entrance. It is a male deer weighing about 200 kilograms, 135 centimeters from ground to shoulder length and 230 centimeters long measured from the head to the tail. The deer is estimated to have died for about 2 days.

    Officials went to retrieve the deer and to find the reason for its death. There were no injuries on the body but the deer’s fur had been falling out and one of the hooves had a large scar that might have come from ripped skin. The kidney, heart, and lungs were all irregular. The shocking discovery was 7 kilograms of garbage found inside the deer’s stomach. Some of this included plastic coffee packs, instant noodle plastic bags, a lot of plastic bags, black garbage bags, clothes, rope, and underwear. The deer must’ve collected this collection of garbage for years while he was searching for food.

    Officials and the vet team currently estimate that the death is caused by Intestinal obstruction and old age. The garbage inside has been sent in for testing to find if there was poison in the food or any other infections connected to the deer dying.

    Every day we see news about animals dying as a result of our reckless littering and overuse of single-use plastic. It seems that even animals living in national parks cannot escape this slow and painful death process. Visitors that plan to visit national parks or those planning to go camping are recommended to throw away their garbage in designated trash bins, this is for the good of the animals and to keep the attraction beautiful for a long time in the future.

    FB Caption: Plastic coffee packs, a lot of plastic bags, black garbage bags, clothes, rope, and underwear were found inside the deer’s stomach.

    Source

  • Baby monkey found dead with head in a plastic bag.

    This story was shared by Facebook User Phongphat Veeradeetanon on 16 November 2019 after he visited Khao Sam Muk in Chonburi Province. Phongphat saw an infant monkey that had died from suffocation in a plastic bag. He decided to share the story as a warning for netizens to never give monkey or any animal food in a bag as they might get their head stuck inside, unlike humans these animals are helpless and your kindness might turn into a murder weapon.

    Credit: Kapook

    Phongphat stated in his post “I wanted to share a story, to never give food in a plastic bag, it’s better to just place it on the ground. The infant monkey got its head stuck inside and it couldn’t help itself. At around 4 pm today I went to Khao Sam Muk to take some pictures. When I was walking on the beach there was a small brown spot. Because of my eyes, I couldn’t tell right away what it was. When I got closer I realized it was a monkey that was stuck inside the bag.

    Credit: Kapook
    Credit: Kapook

    I carried the monkey out of the water, its body was still soft. It got his head stuck inside the bag and was trapped, it must’ve tried to get out and fell into the water, there was blood on the nose. I’m not lying but I cried because of the torture it must’ve been before the final moment of death. I didn’t know how to help so I decided to carry it onto the land, in case the parents were looking for their infant. The monkey still looked so young, I didn’t want it to die alone in the cold water. Please take the plastic bag away when feeding animals, don’t let sad incidents like this happen again.”

    Credit: Kapook
    Credit: Kapook

    Plastic pollution kills so many animals every day both on land and in the water. The only species that use plastic is humans, but other animals pay the price for us while we continue using single plastic every day without even thinking of where it ends up for years and years to come. Hope this story is a good awakening to realize that we are not alone on this planet.

    Credit: Kapook
    Credit: Kapook

    FB Caption:  I’m not lying but I cried because of the torture it must’ve been before the final moment of death.

    Source: Facebook User: Phongphat Veeradeetanon, Kapook

    Source

Back to top button