Four men and a woman in the eastern Thai province of Chon Buri have died after drinking home-made whisky mixed with toads, the Thai-language daily Thai Rath reported today (Nov 29, 2019).

The illegal whisky was concocted by Mr. Nattapon Chotepatttrarapaiboon, who owns a local whisky shop in Tambon Saensook of Chon Buri Province, according to the newspaper.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for Mr. Nattapon, whose whereabouts are still unknown.

A local doctor who performed autopsies on the dead men confirmed that all five died of consuming methanol mixed with local ingredients.

Source