Today Tuesday 27 July the Covid update: 14,150 new cases and 118 deaths
Today, the Administrative Center for Covid19 Control, the CCSA, reported 14,150 cases and 118 coronavirus-related deaths. In the latest and most serious wave in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has now registered 497,965 cases of Covid-19.
Of the new cases, 245 infections were found in penal institutions. More than 40,000 inmates have been infected with Covid-19 in recent months. The Thai prison system continues to conduct tests in prisons to quickly detect infections and contain the virus.
Other updates….from today!
- The Covid-19 infection rate in Bangkok, the epicentre of the latest wave, is expected to decline in late August and early September, the Thai news agency reported, citing the Thai Department of Disease Control this morning.
- Since February 28, 15.9 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been administered. Vaccinations have been accelerated in Bangkok.
- Health officials focus on vaccinating the elderly as well as those with underlying health conditions that put them at risk of serious infection.
- Expats aged 60 and over in Bangkok and surrounding provinces can now register for an AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine appointment at the Bang Sue Grand Station Central Vaccination Center. Walk-in services are offered to foreign residents aged 75 and older from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- To register click HERE!
- For information on other vaccination centres open to ex-pats, click HERE!
Catch up on more stories here
Follow us on Facebook here