National NewsPattaya News

Korat villagers need treatment after dining on rabid cow

Officials on Monday urged about 50 residents of a Nakhon Ratchasima village to get rabies shots quickly after the beef they ate turned out to have come from a rabid cow.


The cow in Moo 11, Sida district, died of an unknown cause on September 13. Its head was removed to be tested and the owner was told to bury the carcass.

Instead, the hindquarters were cooked and shared among neighbours.

The Livestock Development Nakhon Ratchasima Office determined on September 18 that the cow died of rabies.

Follow us on Facebook here.

Follow us on Twitter here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button