Two sisters killed: Two teenage sisters died of smoke inhalation while their parents survived a fire in their townhouse in Bangkok’s Nong Chok district early on Thursday.

 

Police said the fire started in the two-storey townhouse on in the Sue Trong housing estate on Soi Suwinthawong 29 at 5.30am.

 

Photos from rescuers with call signs of Nua 10-26 and Kamrop 51Chatchai Phokhanit 44, and his wife, Kanyawee Sutthipong 44, escaped the burning house suffering from smoke inhalation. They taken to a nearby hospital.

 But their two daughters, Thararee Phokhanit, 16, and Nitcharee Phokhanit, 13, died of suffocation by smoke inhalation.

A neighbour said she heard a loud explosion and came out of her home to see flames in the burning home.

She said neighbours tried to rescue the two girls through a window but the sisters fell unconscious because of the heavy smoke.

 

Photos from rescuers with call signs of Nua 10-26 and Kamrop 51

Attempts to resuscitate them failed.

Fire fighters took about half an hour to control the blaze.