The fire broke out in a home located in Hang Nua, Moo 12 Pa Ngio, Wiang Pa Pao District at around 7:30 a.m.
The deceased women, Mrs. Pisami Lemme was found dead on the floor in the lounge room of the house. It’s believed she may have been overcome by smoke and suffocated.
Mrs. Lemme is said to have had a French husband who was not in the country at the time of the fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown with suspicions including a faulty appliance or even a candle that had been left by a bed in the house.